4.26.2004

One story after another....

There's a story behind the title, but it's ot waht i want to talk aobut. If you want to hear it, it's not all that great, but jsut ask me. My family and my Dad's ministry have always meant "one story after another..."
but today i'm using that to say that it's jsut one thing afteranother...my day so far has been 14 hours, and i still have stuff to do, i jsut need a bit of a break before i dig back in....
I got back to my room after the first 13.5 hours of my day and my sister AmiDawn left me an IM that she was feeling left out cause i dont ramable about her....sheesh...i swear this is the last time I'm giving in to pressure and taking requests...
I love my Ami...she's cute...but she's also still living at home and i'm in KY so i dont really have that much to say about her...i'm bad a t staying in touch....she wouldnt like me if i rambled about her and boys;) (love you netts)..ok there we go i call Ami a number of things....netts....that's a deviation that started wiht Niña ... spanish for little girl..."girl" is what AlMeade called her at the hight of the "baby wars" (Ami was youngest for 9 years before we got Alex) Ami hated it...i was taking Spanish at the time and translated girl into Niña....which deviated into niñetta( a diminutive form of girl like "littel girl")...shortened to netta and then to nett or netts...actulally, Amidawn is also a name she aquired relatively recently...as in in the past 6 years....up till then she was Amanda or Manda....Alex (same person as AlMeade...my family has a variety of nicknames for everyone all used interchangably) couldnt/wouldn't say Amanda so he shortened it to Ami...and we had often added her middle name Dawn ( shes named after my grandfather "Don"...that makes me laugh at her sometimes) to Amanda or Manda Pre-Alex....so it was jsut a matter of time till we picked up Ami andadded dawn...she now uses it regularly....
nicknames are funny htings...Abi's roomate Rachel was home with her at Easter and asked aobut that, she had heard me called stazi tayma tay grace Gracia ... and Abi called BAZ and A-B-I ( like the letters spelled out rahter than as a word) and we call Alex Xander-man AlMeade, meaderman....ect...the list goes on....
the psychology of naming is really interesting actually..i love the meaning of names...maybe cause mine has such a good meaning (Resurection graceful, keeper of the safe place)...but when you shorten someones name youre kind of taking something tha'ts theirs and making it yours and giving it back...i'ts a kind of ownership sort of...a sense of belonging...a level of comfort........
SO there Amidawn...you got mentioned....and i wasted a bit of time, Now i must get to work....Finals next week and stuff that must be done this week:)