5.18.2004

bilge and blunders

The other night my sister and parents and I were just hanging out in the living room talking, one of those rare moments that don’t happen too often (a bit redundant, I know) since we are away at college. **On a side note, I love my family. I love it when we just sit and talk. We laugh a lot and say things that are never ever supposed to leave whatever room we’re in** And we were talking about boys and women and so on and so on, and we got on the topic/analogy of Vikings and relationships... weird and random I know, but it’s my family, where do you think I got it from?:)...it’s a matter of confidence what the actual conversation consisted of and how we got there) but get there we did and my mom was trying to remember the words “pillage” and “plunder” you know like destroy and loot…but instead the words she came up with were “bilge” (pronounced like pillage with a B) and “blunder
bilge according to dictionary.com (i love that site!) is “water which collects in the bottom of a ship or other vessel. It is often allowed to remain till it becomes very offensive.” And a blunder is a stupid mistake caused by ignorance and confusion. We decided that although very un-vikinglike, it was a decent assessment of my dating life. That is a bit harsh I realize and not altogether serious or intended that way it was just kinda funny. I realize it was probly funnier if you were there. But if you had been there we wouldn’t have been having the conversation. We behave much better when outsiders are around. But doesn’t everybody really if you’ve got a connection with someone, things come out when it’s just you that wouldn’t with someone else, even if you have a connection with that person also. That’s a weird sentence/concept and I’m not going to try and justify/explain it. if you don’t like it, tough. If you want to explore it with me, gimme a call if you don’t have my number e-mail always makes me happy:)