9.19.2006

I know a secret!!!

You Never Know What Life Will Throw at You
Todd Rhodes

http://www.mondaymorninginsight.com


Do you ever get real contemplative as you start your week? I mean, if you think about it, you don’t know what will happen this week, good or bad. And sometimes what happens in our lives is completely unexpected.

A couple cases in point. I had a friend who attended a county fair on Friday. One moment he is enjoying a meal with his family, the next moment, he takes a drink out of a can of pop to find out about a second later that there was a bee that had flown into it. He was stung inside his throat about half way down his neck. He never saw that coming.

Another acquaintance of mine was expecting twins with his new wife. Then, all of a sudden over the weekend, her water broke, and they now have two beautiful, (but extremely pre-mature) boys, born at just 24 weeks into pregnancy. Both weigh under 2 pounds.

Yesterday, we sang the song “Blessed Be the Name of the Lord” about how no matter what happens that we will give praise to the Lord. You ever find that hard? I know I do, especially when the hard times come. And yet when things are good, it’s so easy to forget about the blessings and where they come from. I pray today that I won’t do that.

The apostle Paul apparently struggled with this aspect of life as well. As a matter of fact he says that he found the ‘secret’ to contentment. (That must mean that most people aren’t able to find it, or that you really have to look hard for the lesson here):

“I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.” (Phil 4:12) Paul either had it really good or really bad. Had plenty of food or none. Living in plenty, or in a rat-infested prison. Our lives usually aren’t that radical in either direction. But there is hope when we discover Paul’s ‘secret’ of contentment. There is complete satisfaction in resting in where God has you.

Are you content in your ministry today? Have you unlocked Paul’s secret of being satisfied? Take some time to consider your situation today… and be content. And learn, as Paul did, to be satisfied in whatever situation God puts you in, either right now, or five minutes from now. I’ll pray the same strength for myself.


~~~~~~

I’m not preaching as much as sharing....today I did not feel like doing any work....I was stressed, distracted unmotivated and unproductive, anything but content.....this article in my inbox was a good reminder that we can do all things through Him who gives us strength....that’s the secret, that’s what I tend to forget. That I don’t have to do this on my own

Also, I have decided to try and memorize a passage of scripture in Slovak. Any suggestions? I’m thinking the 23rd Psalm or Something fromm Philippians.....but I’m up for suggestions.

Hope you’re having a good day. Remember, we know the secret. :)