I Don't Want Any More Adventure

I am not going to get out of bed tomorrow.

This morning i had to take the kitten to Ohio to get fixed. I left Grove City around 5:30 and took the kitten. I didn't even get lost!! Well, kind of. I took a wrong road, but fortunately every road in Ohio is laid out in a grid so the road i needed to turn onto still went across the road i was actually on. In fact, I got to the APL before i really realized that I was "lost"

I feel bad about leaving the poor kitten for surgery. Meghan picked her up and Fidget won't be home until Micah comes back on Wednesday. He is in Ohio to drive his dad to Cleveland for eye surgery.

On the way home, i was passing a convoy of bucket trucks and heard a sound like something fell off and hit the road, I looked back and didn't see anything. I figured worst case the gas tank cover fell the rest of the way off. But since I didn't see it on the road, I figured it was best case and one of the bucket trucks dropped something.

A few minutes later a light that looked like a battery lit up on the dash. I called Micah to make sure that It was not really a light that was supposed to look like dynamite.
Dynamite might have been closer.

Fortunately, I was close to an exit and I was able to get off the highway. Unfortunately I did not really understand that the car was just going to literally stop. I was at the top of the ramp thinking I was going to turn and look for a parking lot and let the car die a peaceful private death. It was not to be. The engine Just STOPPED! Dramatically and publicly. With smoke pouring out from under the hood and everything.

A number of people stopped to check that I was Okay. The first car I think stopped because I was looking under the hood of a smoking car in tears. Micah called Ben to come and get me. In the meantime another car stopped and pushed the car off to the side they told me that the thing that was smoking in the front left corner was the alternator, commented that it was definitely burnt up, mentioned that the belt looked bad too, and also, quite helpfully, pointed out that the rear passenger tire was flat.
I cried some more.
Then I turned my iPod on and sang at the top of my lungs.

Ben drove to pick me up off the side of the road. I got all my sceaming out before i got in the truck. Ben drove me home to PA and then took Micah and his tools back to Ohio to fix the car.
They left me home alone and I finished the rest of the chocolate cake.

The list of good things:
I almost didnt take the cell phone this morning, but i remembered and came back upstairs for it.
I was wearing my wonderful new boots and so my toes stayed warm and when Micah called three times to ask if i was warm enough, i was able to tell him he didnt have to worry about that.
The car broke down closer to Jefferson than Grove City.
Micah was going to Ohio this evening anyway.
The car did not break down tomorrow morning at 5AM on the way to Keith's eye surgery.
Ben had the day off to help.
Ben has a SuperDuty dump truck and a trailer that is good for hauling broken down cars.
The keys only got locked in the car once (and I didnt do it!)
And they got the car fixed.

"He giveth more grace..." But i'm not sure i'm going to risk getting out of bed tomorrow!